For What It’s Worth (FWIW), is a free, weekly newsletter that provides the resources, news and trends young investors need to confidently align their investments with their values. Produced by the Case Impact Network, FWIW is uniquely positioned to grow to be the go-to, must-have resource for millennial and Gen Z investors looking to invest for both profit and purpose. The team behind FWIW is looking for an energetic and driven communicator and digital marketer who can contribute to the Case Impact Network and FWIW’s work to shine a light on the growing importance of stakeholder capitalism and arm millennial and Gen Z investors with the information they need to move from conscious consumers to conscious investors.
The Digital Marketing and Communications Senior Associate will be responsible for cultivating and expanding the number of engaged and dynamic subscribers for FWIW, with a particular focus on all digital and social outreach. They will be an integral part of the startup team’s efforts to expand brand reach, including subscriber acquisition and retention activities, product extension promotions and support and marketing for new products and services as FWIW expands. In addition, this position will play a significant role managing outside vendors, ensuring timelines are met and providing the support needed to run a dynamic paid advertising campaign targeting millennials and Gen Z readers.
The right candidate for this role will bring a passion to work on a wide range of activation strategies designed to scale subscribers and revenue and will play a central role in a scrappy, driven and mission-aligned startup with big plans to grow and make a real impact on the world. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with an evolving product set who is ready to roll up their sleeves to test new ideas that bring on new subscribers to FWIW, and who has experience with newsletter marketing and leveraging social media to make an impact. If this sounds like a good match with your skills and you’d like to join a driven, dynamic team that is committed to driving generational change, please apply here.
- Work with the FWIW and CIN team to implement and support a wide range of marketing strategies to generate newsletter subscriptions and expand brand reach.
- Support comprehensive digital ad campaigns, partnerships and affiliate programs to expand readership, awareness and – most importantly - maximize subscriber acquisition.
- Manage FWIW consultants, vendors, and agencies as needed to optimize results.
- Support subscriber referral program and efforts to retain subscribers.
- Manage online ad buys on various digital properties including Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook and Google Ad Words accounts and measure, monitor, and optimize performance for organic and paid social across multiple channels using data analytics.
- Play a key role in building out and maintaining elements of FWIW website that support marketing and subscriber acquisition.
- Create content for social communities to support daily online community engagement, weekly public facing newsletters, in-person and virtual convenings, new product launches and other major initiatives.
- Work directly with subject matter experts, program leads, senior executives, Advisory Board members and other key stakeholders to manage, develop and edit multiple forms of content and adapt and repurpose as needed.
- Contribute to team discussions and brainstorms to help generate creative and innovative traditional and non-traditional communication ideas.
- Maintain weekly clips, speaking opportunities, conference calendar and media lists; assist in development of preparation materials for key executives’ speaking appearances.
- Ensure brand alignment, best-in-class and high-quality content: consistent voice, clarity, grammar, tone, financial-term accuracy, etc.
The Digital Marketing and Communications Senior Associate should ideally possess the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience increasing newsletter subscriptions or other subscriber member-driven business.
- Confidence and enthusiasm when communicating to both partners and the internal project teams in both formal and informal presentations.
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work, including the humility and grace to work effectively with others in a collaborative workplace, or independently as needed with a "can do" attitude.
- An eye towards opportunity; savvy around millennial and Gen Z trends and preferences
- Knowledge and prior use of Canva, Microsoft Office; social media tools such as Tweetdeck, Sprout Social; analytics tools such as Google Analytics; and email marketing tools such as MailChimp. Knowledge of HTML, Ghost and Wordpress is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with media databases, Excel spreadsheets and data analytics.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience with understanding of finance and business world strongly desirable.
- Passion for learning about new topics, including finance related subjects, and the benefits of making complex subjects accessible and understandable.
- Experience and comfort engaging millennial and Gen Z audiences and a drive to make an impact on the world.
If you’re excited about this opportunity and want to join the team please apply here.